Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dance Recital '08

Last night was the big show! Both girls had their big stage recital and they were awesome! The recital was held at the high school Greg graduated from (they have amazing musicals and drama performances each year, so it's pretty hi-tech even though it's really old) which makes it pretty special for him and his parents to see our little girls perform on the same stage Greg and his siblings, as well as his parents, performed on when they were growing up.

Here's Emory practicing before while I'm getting Trinity ready


Before the show started their teacher came walking down the hall, calling my name and told me Emory was having a melt down because she had a hang nail or something. I quickly gave her my bag of band-aids and a little travel blankie I keep in the diaper bag and began praying she would actually make it out on stage. Their teacher told me she had made a deal with Emory, if she got a band-aid from me then Emory would dance. I guess it worked because she dance her heart out! It turns out her pinkie finger nail had been stepped on by a girl wearing a tap shoe and it is pretty bad. Actually it's pretty disgusting and I'll be shocked if she doesn't loose her nail!

Anyway, like I said, both girls did amazing! I know I'm kind of partial and biased, but I would have to say they were the best in their class, or at least in the top two! I was even told that by other, non-biased people! Regardless of how well they did though, they looked precious and had a great time doing so! I was so proud of both my girls and how hard they worked to memorize their dances and do them as best they could, not to mention being brave enough to do them on a big stage, with a big spotlight, in front of 11oo people!
Here's Emory on the big stage!



Here's Trinity on the big stage. She was front, center for the first part,


then moved to the back row in the center for the end of the dance.


After their recital the girls were greeted with two bouquets of flowers each!

This is the girls walking with their cousin. Talk about the sweetest little boy on the planet! I love this kid! The girls adore him too! They just can't get enough of each other, although they don't see each other very often (unfortunately).


Once we had rounded up the group we headed over to Marble Slab with four of their six grandparents, two aunts, one uncle and one cousin in tow. At Marble Slab they were given a gift AND a balloon! Spoiled much?!?! We are so grateful the girls have the incredible support system they do! I feel so blessed to have the families we do and to be able to raise our girls in them as well! They will never question whether or not they are loved!
Of course Addison can never be left out of the fun. She found Emory's tap shoes this week and managed to get them on. She loved tapping around the house, but Emory was not too keen on sharing. I found an old pair of the girls and got them down for Addison to wear. Despite the fact that they are a size 9.5 and Addison wears a 4/5 she had a ball tapping around the house in them!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker