Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Little Emsies!

Today was Emory's first day of school. She was excited to go to her new class and play with her old friends, talking about it all morning. When we got to school and walked Trinity to her class she started feeling a little nervous. As we walked to her classroom she started talking about how long the walk was to her new class and telling me about what she was going to play with first. When we finally got to her class she was excited to get her stuff all put away in her cubby and get her day started! Just about a minute later one of the kids started crying because his mom had left, then it was all down hill. I think that's when she realized I wouldn't be staying in her class all day and she was going to be in this new place. She did okay, she didn't cling to me or have to be pulled off of me, but she was crying quite a bit. Her teacher started asking her about her jewelery and painted finger nails, which seemed to distract her a little bit. It was hard to tell how hard she was actually crying as I was walking out because there were five other kids crying too. I'm sure the teachers will be glad when this day is over!

I took a couple of pictures of Emory this morning to share with you:



Here's one from her first day last year, which was actually in January, so it's only like 8 months old, but you can still see how much she's grown!




Trinity had a great morning again! She was a little irritated that she didn't get to wear any pink or purple again today, just the same old black, red or white, but reluctantly gave in when she realized her friends would be wearing the same thing. She asked on the way to school if tomorrow was a work day for Daddy (I told her she would go to school on the days Daddy works). I told her it was and she sighed and asked when it would not be a work day for Daddy again. When I told her the next day would be Saturday she was okay with that. We'll see if she's still okay tomorrow. She did really well when we got to school. She did want me to walk into her room with her, but was fine with us leaving and was really looking forward to playing outside, doing centers and eating lunch in the cafeteria.

I am really looking forward to both girls reporting back on their day! I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker