Saturday, August 18, 2007

Wonderful day!

What a wonderful way to start a weekend- I got to sleep in for the first time in a couple of months! Well, after I fed Addison I got to go back to bed while Greg fed her cereal and got breakfast for the other two. I think I got about another 45 minutes of sleep, off and on between Trinity and Emory wanting to climb in bed with me:) The extra sleep was WONDERFUL!!!!! After spending a couple of hours trying to figure out what we were going to do today (we had planned on going on a trip this weekend, but never made any arrangements) Trinity and Emory finally decided they wanted to go swimming. Greg took the two of them to Nana and Pops' house to swim while I stayed here with Addison and played with her and did chores. They ended up swimming for several hours and the girls had a BLAST! They have been talking about it all night and how much fun they had with Pops! Pops, hope you got all that "masharoni" out of your hair!

After a brief "quiet time" we played for a little while before going to dinner. At dinner I made a few discoveries about my absolutely adorable family:
  • Addison is a very picky eater! She picked through the baby crackers I put on the table in front of her to get to the ones she wanted and left the ones she didn't want as much for when I wouldn't refill her pile as soon as she started asking
  • Trinity LOVES her daddy's "magic tricks"! She was absolutely amazed at all the different ways he could make a coin disappear and reappear! I wish I would have recorded her reaction to him...it was priceless! Then when he would find them behind her ear...holy cow!!!!!
  • Emory is going to be quite the social butterfly! For most of our dinner she "talked" on Addison's play phone to her Gommy. She was sitting there on the phone for several minutes before we really noticed what she was doing, then realized she sounded like she was really carrying on a conversation. We heard the "yeah", "oh really?" and giggling, amongst other little things you would hear from a girls conversation. One time she said, "oh, of course I'm going to the football game, are you?" Hello? Is she 2 1/2 or 16?!?!?! Then she started telling me about how Gommy was telling her jokes and just being silly, she would laugh and hold her head in her hands b/c she was laughing so hard! She ended up staying "on the phone" for the whole car ride home too! Wow, I hope our cell phones aren't charged by the minute when she's old enough to have one!!!!!

We are having a "slumber party" in our room tonight, we try to do that once a week, or every other week with the girls. We let them go to sleep at regular time, but they sleep in sleeping bags on our floor. They think that is just the coolest thing in the world to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room! We think it's pretty cool because they sleep later (7 instead of 6:15) since the sun doesn't shine into our room as early or as bright as it does into theirs!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker