Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Growing too fast!

What a day! We started out planning a quiet and cool day at home, just us girls spending some quality time together. It is extremely rare for us to have a day without something to do outside the house, so I declared today a PJ's day! I was already dressed for the day when this declaration was made, but the girls weren't and they were thrilled for this opportunity! Emory quickly lost the enthusiasm in exchange for a twirly dress and high heels (not too surprised), but Trinity and Addison stayed in their PJ's till after dinner...when Greg got home. We had spent the day quietly reading, playing with Barbies, Polly's and Little People, and watching Strawberry Shortcake and Holly Hobbie movies. As usual, Greg had something up his sleeve that completely turned our evening upsidedown! After dinner we drove to the park. Keep in mind it's only like 110 heat index outside (which is why we didn't walk like usual), so I've got the bug spray and bottles of water weighing me down, and he grabs the soccer ball! We did end up having a great time at the park though and I'm glad we went! Trinity and Emory kicked the ball around with Greg for a while, then played together in the sand (they looked like sandpaper with the sand sticking to them). Addison discovered the slide and seesaw and LOVED it! I've attached a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.
When we got home from the park we discovered Addison has a new talent...she's army crawling! I can't believe she's old enough to be doing this stuff! She is trying desperately to get up on her knees, but isn't quite there yet. She will occasionally drive her head down into the ground and kick with her toes to get somewhere (I don't know how she doesn't have carpet burn on her forehead), but tonight it became a true army crawl! I'm not ready for her to grow up...I'm also not ready to start baby proofing again! Guess I will spend the rest of the week figuring out how to keep the billions of Barbie and Polly Pocket pieces out of her reach!

So not only have Trinity and Emory picked up the new skill of soccer, but Addison has picked up crawling...too much for me to handle in one day!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker