Saturday, July 11, 2009

Our first night...

Well, the first night in the new rooms didn't exactly go well. About an hour and a half after I put them to "bed" (which was actually a slumber party in Trinity's room) they were still playing and talking, so I had to go be Mean Mommy and put them all in their own beds. About twenty minutes later I still heard voices coming from Emory and Addison's room. When I went in to shush them I found Addison climbing the slide to climb in Emory's bed. Not good! Until last night she completely fell for the rule of: Once you're in bed and it's lights out, you don't get up till Mommy or Daddy comes to get you. Oh well, so much for that! I fussed at them, read them the riot act and within three minutes they were both completely passed out!

Trinity was a little aprehensive about sleeping in her own room, alone, for the first time in almost three years. She put her night light on the floor next to her and snuggled down tight into her sleeping bag (I haven't bought her a new mattress yet...hopefully we'll get to that today). She finally passed out about the same time the other two did.

With Greg being gone, I don't really sleep well either. I finally drifted off a little before midnight (which is REALLY late for me...10 is late for me!) only to be awakened by Trinity at 12:30 because she couldn't sleep. I walked her back to bed, then tossed and turned to go back to sleep.

Then, about 2:15 Emory climbs in my bed (this happens several nights a week) and instead of carrying her back to her bed I just moved over and let her finish the night with me. She slept sideways the whole time! I finally just got up at 6, only to be followed at 6:30 by Emory and 7 by the other two.

Yeah, it's gonna be a long day with fussy children! Luckily we have a wedding this morning which we are all four attending, Trinity has a birthday party to enjoy this afternoon and we have errands to run after! Oh yeah...this is gonna be FUN!!!! Pray for me!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker