Friday, July 10, 2009

On to the next chapter

Today was bittersweet for me. I officially closed a chapter of my life, but the next one will be exciting too.

It actually started yesterday about 3pm when I dropped the girls off with my mom. See, Trinity's been asking for her own space for a while now. She's been sharing a room with Emory since Addison was born, and it just really doesn't work well for her. She has been good about it most of the time, but she is the type of person who just needs some alone time regularly. She likes her space. Over the past few weeks we've been talking to the girls about making the change of Trinity moving into Addison's room and moving Addison in with Emory. They've all accepted that and have made suggestions on how they would like things to be. Trinity picked out her paint color and a basic theme, etc.

I've found it is so much easier to tackle projects like this solo. I know it sounds kinda crazy, but then I can work at my own pace, take breaks when I want to, get my quiet time in (wonder where Trinity gets it from), and not worry about anyone else's opinion...I've got the picture in my mind and I'll just work from that. So, with Greg out of town and the girls with my parents, I decided this would be the perfect time!

Yesterday I came home, moved all Addison's furniture to the center of the room and started painting. Now...I can't turn back!

This whole project was a much larger undertaking that I had realized it would be! My girls have a ton of STUFF (and that's putting it nicely)!!!! I stayed up till about 1am, then got up early this morning and was back at it by 7. I got all the furniture moved around, painting done, walls decorated, clothes switched and more organized, Emory's stuff moved to the top bunk, shelves hung, hooks hung, etc, etc, etc, all by 5 this evening! Wow! I got rid of a dumpster full of trash, a box of books and I took out two bags of clothes that don't fit the girls anymore...that's a lot of extra stuff!

I still have several things to do (including buy a mattress for Trinity to sleep on), but all three girls were thrilled with the results when they got home this evening!



Trinity's room:




Emory and Addison's room:




So after I get all this finished and I'm finally sitting down I realize this is the first time in 7 years I haven't had a crib/toddler bed or a changing table in my house. I also realized this means Trinity is growing into a Tweenager. I'm not sure how I feel about any of these changes, but I do know I don't have control over them, so I might as well embrace them, enjoy them and make the best of them! My girls are growing up, that's just the way it works. No more babies, but that also means no more babies! Bittersweet!

It is time to move on and enjoy the adventures of this chapter we have opened today :)

Oh, and just so you know, the girls had NO idea I was working on their rooms while they were gone, it was a total surprise for them when they returned! They LOVED everything! Trinity said, "Oh Mom! It's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much! It's just like I wanted it!!!" That's all a Mommy needs to know all the hard work was worth it!

I put them to bed at about 8:30, they finally fell asleep about 10:15...they were excited!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker