Saturday, September 27, 2008

A lesson on chopsticks

On Thursday Greg had a lunch appointment with a client who wanted to eat Sushi. When he saw the chopsticks he immediately thought about the girls, so he snagged some extras and brought them home for us to use at dinner. When I saw them I quickly changed the menu to a favorite around here, Curly Noodles (aka Ramen). I know...extravagant homemade feast, but the girls LOVE them and would eat them three meals a day, seven days a week if we would let them!

I captured some of the facial expressions that went along with the experimenting so I could share

So you can't actually her face in this one, but you can see how she's using her left hand to guide her right. She refused to accept assistance at the beginning because, "I know how they work Daddy, I've done this before!"

Emory was desperately trying to get the two sticks to work together but just couldn't get either one of her hands to hold them both. She concentrated so hard! Every time she would get some picked up she couldn't get them in her mouth, she's bite the sticks instead.

Trinity finally got them figured out and ate almost her entire bowl using chopsticks! Greg job Princess!

Emory finally gave up on using two sticks and tried just using the one to pick the noodles up and the other to wrap them around the stick with. Too funny! I think she ended up eating 20 noodles total...probably less. I've very proud of you for trying so hard Angel, but I'm afraid you might have inherited your mommy's uncoordinated fingers...sorry!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker