Friday, March 7, 2008

Kindergarten Career day

Today Trinity's class had Career Day and they all were to dress up as the career they want to pursue as they grow up (no superheros or princesses). Trinity has been telling me for weeks she wanted to be a Dance Teacher, just like Miss Bessie when she grows up, so yesterday I got her a long sleeved leotard since the forecast didn't look too favorable for any of her sleeveless versions and went ahead and bought a new pair of tights to go along with it. I was all set to get her ready as a dance teacher for today. Last night when I was showing her the purchases and discussing our schedule for this morning she got really upset and said she had changed her mind, "I don't want to be a dance teacher anymore, I want to be a ROCK STAR!" So here I am, seven o'clock in the evening and terrible weather outside and faced with the prospect of a disastrous morning since she would not be able to dress the way she wanted to for school...great! I start throwing out ideas and suggestions and trying to make the dance teacher thing her idea again so she would go along with it...then suddenly I had a light bulb moment! I suggested she dress in the "dance teacher" clothes and be a rock star practicing for her concert! Whew...she loved it! We got her dressed, only she added a black skirt to the pink leotard and tights and we did her hair all funky and added some crazy glitter to her face. Here are the results:
My little Rock Star!!!

I couldn't resist this picture while I was driving (in the snow), she looked like a star w/ total attitude sitting there being chauffeured around town.

Trinity and her friend, Dr. Peyton

There were some great careers in her class! There was a Dallas Maverick, Dallas Star, three doctors, Fashion designer, baker, Cost Guard, Astronaut, and there were still some kids not there yet.

As soon as we got home Emory started begging for me to make her a Rock Star too. I had a little more time to give her and much more thin hair, so here is the result of that make-over:

She LOVES it!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker