Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Great Enforcer

Monday night I left the two big girls alone in the bathroom while Trinity was bathing and I was getting Addison's pajamas on her. During this time the girls decided to have a water fight and cover the entire bathroom (walls, floor, ceiling, and everything in between!) with water. As soon as I discover this crazy situation I give both of them a towel and told them to clean it up immediately- if I heard any talking or playing before it was all finished they would both have time-out (I know, I'm a mean mom!). Just about this time Greg discovered it was snowing/sleeting like crazy outside and there was piles of it all over our cars. Being the "Great Enforcer" of the rules that he is he runs outside and grabs two handfuls of snow, runs into the bathroom and throws one at each of the girls and yells, "OH YEAH?!?!" The punishment of completing the bathroom clean up was immediately abandoned and they were running outside- half naked- to grab their own handfuls to throw at their daddy!

I do love these memories and this game is one they talk about almost every day, even though they can only play when there is enough ice/snow to ball up and throw at each other. Since this obviously only happens once or twice a year I went ahead and let them play with their daddy. He is the one who was in trouble for their mess at this point:)

I am so grateful for a family who knows how to have fun and enjoys doing so together!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker