Wednesday, March 5, 2008

5 1/2...already?

I can't believe it's been 5 1/2 years since I was graced with the birth of my first baby girl! What an amazing young person she is growing into! Trinity never ceases to amaze me with her incredible intelligence! She never stops questioning what's going on in the world around her. She is just like her Daddy! She will never accept an answer of that's just how it is...like she wants to know WHY 2+2=4. She definitelly surpasses my level of intelligence in just about every single conversation we have (not that it's hard to do). I LOVE how she has taught me to question things a little more and look for a better explanation as to why things are the way they are. It's exhausting to look for more reasons in the world around me, but I am trying my best to embrace the glasses I force myself to wear so I can hopefully explain things to her a bit better and answer at least some of the questions she asks.

We did a little bit to celebrate this half birthday today. The girls got to have muffins for breakfast (we usually require something a bit more healthy than that) and Emory "allowed" her to be the first to do everything today instead of competing with her on every breath. Emory and I made her a cake while she was at school today and we all enjoyed that after a yummy dinner of chinese food. She has been BEGGING for a Webkin for quite sometime so we gave her one for her 1/2 birthday and she has already gotten onto the website to register it and has learned so much already! What a wonderful concept these little pets and the website to support them are!
Here are a few pictures of our celebrations this evening:
Addison wearing the rice she had for dinner
Trinity's half bday cake
Emory doesn't like cake, just the icing and she kept missing her mouth!
Addison LOVED the cake! I promise her slice wasn't much more than 1mm thick, but judging from the icing all over her it looks like it was a "Pappy sized" slice!
After she was finished with the cake and icing she decided to lick the plate clean! I guess she doesn't have very much sweets.
Trinity and her new kitty cat Webkin, Anniah

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker