Sunday, August 26, 2007

Well my weekend started out awfully quiet...literally! My sister came over and spent Friday with us, then took the girls- all three of them- back to Mom and Dad's house with her! They had a great slumber party with my family! Without children that meant Greg and I got to have a date night! I actually got to see a movie with a rating of anything other than "G"!!!! We went to see Bourne Identity, and I realized how long it had been since I had seen a movie when I started singing songs from Aladdin during the rooftop chase scene...gotta keep, one jump ahead of the bad guys, that's all and that's no joke, these guys don't appreciate I'm broke...

No kids also meant I got to sleep in Saturday morning, and of course the phone had to ring to wake us up...urgh! It's okay though, we ended up getting a lot done around the inside and outside of the house we wouldn't have gotten done otherwise.

Saturday night we finally got to have a party for Mom. I don't think we have ever, ever had any kind of party for her...EVER! I would guess the last party she had would have been for a baby shower when she was expecting my sister. The only way we got to have this party was to have a surprise party for her and not let Dad take any of the heat for planning it. It was so great, we had about thirty of her closest friends and family members there to show her how much they love and care about her, even though she is 60! We had such a great time seeing everyone and the girls had a great time dancing to the live music! I'll attach pictures when I get them from my sister (my camera died just about the time we got there).

When we got home, really late last night, Trinity decided that she was going to "sleep late this morning because I'm so tired from all the excitement". So, at 7:00 this morning she came into the living room (to join her two sisters) so she could put on her pretty dress for church. So what exactly "sleeping late" means to her, I'm not sure!

We plan on having a remotely quiet afternoon and evening at home today so we can make it through our first full week of school without any major problems! We'll see how well that plan works out...

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker