Thursday, July 16, 2009

Is it just me?

Okay Moms…please tell me it’s not just me!  I have a constant struggle with my girls during quiet time and it’s about to drive me nuts!  First, let me lay out the scenario:  Addison lays down to sleep in her room, she’s exhausted and ready for a nap, so it’s not usually too much of a struggle; the two big girls are given the privilege of spending their quiet time in my room watching their shown on TV.  I HAVE to have that downtime, especially during the summer when we’re all pooped from the heat and they’re all three home with me.  They totally get that it’s a privilege and they respect that, but they don’t act like they do…and it’s maddening!  Every day they get up just to ask if quiet time is over, if they can get up, if time is up yet…UGH!!!!  They know full-well it’s not up because what we agreed upon as the signal for the end of quiet time (whether it’s the time on the clock, timer on the oven, the end of a show, etc).  EVERY time they get up I get extremely frustrated and it’s like the calmness of quiet time is gone, then I have to start my decompression all over again!  Seriously…why do I get so frustrated, why do the girls not obey, why do I so desperately need this quiet time, and why, oh why do I feel the need to hit the pantry every single time they disrupt my quiet time?!?!  Total frustration!!!!!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker