Monday, April 20, 2009

Surreal

Today we went as a family to the Army/Navy store to buy Greg's uniform for him for the TXSG. Being in there brought back a lot of memories of being a care-free kid trying to look cool for the party/dance/musical coming up where the theme was something having to do with Camo. The girls LOVED the place! The begged for pink or purple camo shirts, hats and canteens! It was like they were in a toy store! Once I let it sink in that we were there, not to play, but to purchase a uniform for my wonderful husband to wear while he works (volunteers) to defend and protect our wonderful State of Texas...it was a bit surreal!



He walked out of the dressing room in his fatigues and thank goodness we had three exhausted and (by this point) bored little girls or I'm not sure how I would have reacted.

So, it's now a day later and I realized I forgot to post this, so I'll update it:)
I picked up Greg's uniform today, with the assistance of my two littlest girls, two baby dolls, one baby blanket and one Mister Frog. Greg was soooo excited to actually have it in his posession! He tried it on, not long after getting home from work...all I can say is wow! Thankfully this time, we not only had our children, but also two visitors from across the street playing so I was a little distracted from emotion. He looked amazing, it fit him just right, like he was supposed to be wearing it all along! Of course it probably doesn't hurt that we all but shave his head these days (yes, I said "we", he has me give him hair cuts these days), but from head to toe it just looked "right". He was so handsome! Now we just have to wait for the patches and it will be complete!

I'll post pics as soon as I get them off my camera.

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker