Friday, August 29, 2008

Bittersweet

Today we officially sold our old house. I am thrilled to not have the responsibility, stress and expense of it, but I am also very sad to not have it anymore. I haven't been back over there since last Tuesday, when we packed the truck and ran out in a rush to get to Ft. Worth and start unloading. I assumed I'd be back over to help finish gathering stuff and cleaning, but lucky for me I have an amazing husband, father and Mother-in-law who handled all of that for me. I feel like I didn't get to say good-bye to it though and to all of our memories there. I know it's just a house and the memories are in my heart and head, not in the house, but it's still a very special place to me and I feel like it deserved more from me than what it got. Oh well, it's done the way it's done and that's that. I just hope and pray the new owners are good to it and build wonderful memories of their own there.

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled beyond belief with our decision to move and with the house we chose, they are all perfect, but closing an old chapter is always a little bittersweet.

Good bye house, thanks for welcoming our baby girls with open arms and for protecting us from the world! We hope your future is as wonderful as ours!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker