Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's day

Today has been a wonderful day! We started out with Daddy being back home for breakfast and that made all of us very happy, there's no better gift! The girls quickly got ready for school after a breakfast of red, heart shaped bagels courtesy of Nini- they were excited about their parties! They were both decked out in Valentine's jewelery and hearts everywhere they could put them. They both had a great time at their class parties and got their fair share of sugar to boot!

While Trinity and Emory were at school Greg surprised Addison and I with a visit for lunch. Not only was it a complete surprise to see him walk in the door, but he was carrying a box of long-stem red roses! Have I mentioned how lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband?!?!

After a day of baking cookies and Peanut Butter Yummies for Greg and Trinity's camp-out this weekend, I didn't really feel like making dinner, and would have been hard pressed to find the space for preperation as well, so Greg treated all us girls to a yummy dinner at our neighborhood Mexican Restuarant (again, have I mentioned how lucky I am?). While the girls were getting ready for dinner Trinity and I were visiting while Addison was helping Emory change clothes (again) so Emory decided she would "fix" Addison's hair for her. Well she got her bottle of sparkly Tinkerbell lotion and COATED Addison's hair with it so she could "style it". I wasn't able to get upset with Emory, it actually brought back too many memories, or at least stories of me at Addison's age. You see, when I was just about one my mom was getting ready to go somewhere and I was sitting in the high chair when my sister decided she wanted a little more attention, so she grabbed a brand new bottle of Elmer's School Glue and squeezed the WHOLE THING on my head!!!! I can only imagine the panic my mom felt! I knew the lotion in Addison's hair was nothing like this, so I just kind of giggled and ran Addison in for a bath (we were already supposed to be walking out the door to meet Greg) and gently reminded Emory of the rules while trying not to laugh. I did take a picture of the lotion filled hair and I will eventually figure out why I can't upload my pictures and share it with you.

After dinner we came home for quick baths and bed-time preperation before sharing the girls' Valentine gifts with them. I couldn't ask for a better day than one I got to spend with my family!

Hope you had a wonderful day as well!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker