Thursday, December 13, 2007

I really did it!

I finally did it! I actually got a hair cut! It had been a year since I even had a trim and my hair was a little unruley, so I decided it was time. I'm so tired of throwing it up in a pony tail every day and decided a change would be welcome. Since I was going for a change, I thought why not just chop it off and donate it to one of the many charities out there making wigs for children and gown ups who are not able to afford to buy wigs even though they have lost their hair due to illness or treatment for an illness. I really did it!

This picture was taken after the girls had been playing with it and messing it up, so it doesn't look as good as it did when I left the hair place, but I'd guess it looks much better than it will on the average day. The longest pieces are between thirteen and fourteen inches and that's not straightened! Wow! I feel so much lighter! I think I really like it too, but time will tell.

Emory says she really likes it short, but that's just how she is- sweet! Trinity can't stand it and is extremely mad at me! She grabbed my pony tail and tried to hide it from me so I couldn't donate it. Addison didn't really seem to care one way or the other.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Katie, I LOVE it!!! It looks so good!!! I think there's more hair in one of those pony tails than on my entire head!! :)

~Kelly

Sarah said...

You look gorgeous -- I love it!!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker