Monday, October 29, 2007

Trinity's decleration

Trinity came up to me after school this afternoon and said very proudly, "Billy's my boyfriend". I was trying my best to fight off a little snicker when she continued, "Emma said she's going to marry him, but I'm going to marry him first and if Emma marries him first then I'm going to ask God to unmarry them." This time she was very smug in her tone of voice (typical of her attitude recently- unfortunately). After these statements she walked off and continued working on pictures for us to draw on pumpkins this evening.

A little later I started asking her about this "relationship" and she told me Billy doesn't know about this new found title of theirs, nor does he know about Emma's decision to marry him. I asked her if she was going to tell him or even ask him if he was or would be her boyfriend and she said she wouldn't. I continued to ask her what it meant for him to be her boyfriend and her response was very simple, "it means we will get married."

When Greg called a little later I told him about this "situation" and he nearly got sick. He said, "Well now my day just got bad". He isn't too pleased about all this and said she was too young. There are some things boys just don't get:)

Billy's a great kid and so are his parents (both UNT grads I might add). In fact, Trinity is going to play on the basketball team Billy's dad is coaching.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Uh oh...and so it begins! :)

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker