Monday, July 28, 2008

Eavesdropping

My sister (aka Nini, Orange Monkey, Pumpkin Patch, Nicci...) absolutely adores our little girls (monkeys, bugs, etc) and adores spoiling them too. Anytime she's in Target she mysteriously finds herself in the little girls clothes, shoes and toys with things jumping off the racks and into her basket...bizarre! Anyway, this morning she sent some pictures to the girls of clothes and shoes that made their way home with her yesterday and just happen to be the right size for them. So after viewing their loot they called Nini to thank her for them so I decided to eavesdrop just a little bit on the conversations. My, oh so grateful, and loving Emory (she really is grateful, but she's also 3) who happens to be a serious shoe fanatic got on the phone to thank her for a dress and this in how Emory's side of the conversation went down, "Thank you so much for my new dress Nini, I really love it, but I just don't have any shoes to match it...yes, I have a lot of shoes, but they are all flip-flops, boots, and two pair of tennis shoes- one of them is sparkly...I lost my Crocs and I don't have any black shoes either...well yes, my white Easter shoes might go with it...I just don't have any to wear with that dress, maybe you'll have to buy me some..."

Granted her foot is gigantic and is growing by leaps and bounds, but she still has at least 10 pair of shoes that still fit her! What a shoe-aholic! We are in SOOOOO much trouble with this one!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker