Thursday, June 12, 2008

Generous hearts, beautiful girls

I am so lucky to have two little girls that fit both of those descriptions!

We went for summer hair cuts today and Trinity decided she was going to get enough cut off so she could donate it to little girls who needed it. She got eight inches cut off! She has a ton of hair, so that will go a long way in making a wig for people in need!



Emory wanted to follow in suit with her sister and wanted to donate her hair too. Although her hair isn't nearly as long we were able to gather two little pony tails and trim them off to send in along with Trinity's hair. It won't be enough for Locks of Love to use in their wigs, but it will they should be able to sell it to offset a little of their costs.



I am so proud of my little girls and how generous they are! They both look precious with their new hair cuts and much older too! Trinity looks like she's at least 8 years old! Emory looks like she's 5! I guess being incredibly tall for their ages doesn't hurt either:)



Here are the before an after pictures of my little girls:
Emory and Trinity before haircuts

(we had just taken both of their hair out of french braids, it's not normally this wavy/frizzy)

Trinity after:

it's hard to see how short her hair is, but you can see how much she got cut off.

It looks great!

Emory after:

The pigtails aren't huge or long, but it's the thought that counts anyway! We had let it air dry while running around, so it's quite full of body:)

Just in case I haven't said it lately, I love my girls...all three of them! They are such amazing kids! Addison was a great sport and very well behaved the whole time!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Katie, I'm tearing up right now as I'm reading this!! That is such an awesome thing Trinity and Emory did!!! Your girls are so sweet and thougtful...what a lucky mommy!!!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker