Thursday, December 27, 2007

Who knew Christmas Sweaters could be so UGLY!

Every year some of our good friends from college organize a party to benefit Toys for Tots and every year the theme is UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATERS. It is so great to see what all people find or make! The best is seeing the guys in their sweaters made for women. Some people spend days making their attire, or adding to something they bought (which Greg and I did last year), while other people are lucky enough to find horribly ugly sweaters at the store (usually thrift stores). I didn't take too many pictures, so I will be borrowing pictures from a few of my friends to add to this post so make sure you check back, but here are some of the pictures I did take.

Greg and I find ourselves noticing Christmas sweaters every time we're out in public during the season and picturing them on our friends. We always feel so guilty! One of my favorite parts of the party is listening to the stories behind the sweaters; so many of the folks get them from their mom's, aunt's or grandmother's closets. I wonder if they realize the sweaters are to be worn in a way of making fun of them...hmmm...
This party is always a great time and we love catching up with our friends we only see a couple of times a year. It is well organized and an awesome contribution to Toys for Tots! There were a lot of smiling faces out there on Christmas morning because of the efforts of this party!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker