Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Proud Mama Moment

As you know, Trinity is in kindergarten this year. She is young for her class (September birthday), so she will be repeating kindergarten next year at another school. There are some kids in her class that are more than a year older than her! So I guess I should get to the point of this post; today Trinity received her very first report card (they operate in quarters, not six weeks like I'm used to)! Being in kindergarten they don't receive A's or B's or anything like that, not even numbers/percentages, they just receive one of the three following marks: Student has met the standard, Student is making progress, and Student requires support. There are 34 areas in which they received performance reviews and of the 34 areas 21 were marked "student has met the standard" and 13 were marked "Student is making progress"! Wow! These are standard on which they are graded on from day one of kindergarten and are expected to meet by the end of the year! Wow! I am so proud at how well Trinity is applying herself and how eager she is to learn! She is going to be SOOOO ahead of the game next year, let's hope she doesn't get too bored:)

Okay, I know she's going to kill me when she's a teenager and reads this, but I just had to write it down so she knows how well she's done since my memory tends to fail from time-to-time.

There is also a hand written note on her report card that says, "Trinity is doing great. I'm very pleased with her progress. Mrs. S"

I'm so proud!!!!!!! I love my princess and am always proud of her, no matter what!

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker