Sunday, September 16, 2007

8 months old

I can't believe another month has flown by! Addison's eight months old today! She has grown so much in the past month, I don't know where to start! She is not only army crawling all over the place, but she has started to get on her knees and rock a little bit. Today she did the funniest thing, she got up on her knees and was trying to figure out how to move forward that way. She moved both of her hands forward, then moved both of her knees at the same time; she looked like a little frog! I guess that's fitting considering that's what her bedroom is done in and all her stuffed animals are!

She is getting her first two teeth as we speak. Two days ago we noticed her gums on the bottom starting to turn clear, showing the teeth trying to break through. Yesterday you could see the whole line for the tooth was clear and when I rubbed medicine on them with a q-tip I could feel them (although not with my finger) and today you can barely feel them with your finger. She is pretty miserable with this! Although I'm not ready for the toothless baby stage to be over, I hope for her sake these teeth get all the way through and up really quickly!


She is starting to wave a little more, using her hand sometimes instead of her whole arm. She really responds to people too. When someone looks at her and smiles she will almost always smile back and make a sound similar to "hi". She definitely knows when I've left the room and doesn't much appreciate me doing so without her. She is putting EVERYTHING in her mouth! She is starting the "uh-oh game" where she drops things over the side of her high chair or stroller and tries to say "uh-oh", although that's not exactly what it would sound like to a stranger, then waits for us to pick it up for her. She is a HUGE thumb sucker which we try to break her of every time we can and that has turned into another game. Anytime we say, "Addison take your thumb out of our mouth" she will take it out and start laughing, then put it back in and wait for you to start over. This probably won't help the cause! She is always happy and everyone she sees comments on that!


So if anyone knows how to slow down the clock please let me know! I have tried to cherish every single second of time with her and every single step and stage, but no matter how much of it I soak up, it's still over when it's over!


Here is her 8 month picture with "Mister". You can look back at her 7 month post for pictures back to birth.


And here is a picture of Addison with her Bunbun (Kelly hope you don't mind we borrowed your name) from Trinity's birthday party at Build-a-bear Workshop.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Of course I don't mind! I love it!!! I know what you mean about the time...where in the world does it go????

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker